Disability Discrimination and Access Statement
26 February 2021
Gate House Wood Touring Park is a touring caravan-camping park with 54 pitches. We are 4 star rated with the English Tourist Board and have a 3 pennant accreditation by the Automobile Association (AA).
Click the icon to download a copy of these terms
Gate House Wood is set within the confines of a former quarry; the park is both sheltered and secluded by a wooded surrounding embankment. It has been landscaped with woodland walk and offers level, well drained pitches. Our aim is to help in any way that we can and if you require any assistance during your stay, or whilst planning your visit, we will be delighted to assist.
Our current facilities and service are:
- We cater for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes/RV’s (up to 10 metres)
- Website available for viewing park details, and local tourist information.
- Brochures can be posted on request along with a copy of this access statement if required.
- Pitches are allocated on booking and staff are happy to advise on location and suitability for your requirements on your enquiry.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities.
- Reception has a large car park area to the front with additional area for visitors, clearly signposted in blue with large white writing.
- Once registered at reception guests have to access the park via a barrier which is operated with a key.
- We have 36 service pitches with electrical hook up of 10 amps and 18 non electrical pitches.
- All pitches are on grass with parking beside your unit is allowed.
- Assistance with pitching on arrival is given.
- There are 3 fresh drinking water points, 3 dustbin areas , 3 recycling points (glass and cardboard at present), a chemical waste point and grey water waste point.
- 3 Fire Assembly Points clearly marked with instructions.
Grounds and Gardens
- The Park is large and spacious with woodland and surrounding sand cliffs which are planted with flowering gorse.
- There is a short woodland walk within the boundary of the site which offers views of the Kent Downs.
- The walk is accessed via steep steps at the front entrance to the Park and at the rear of the park is a steep slope the other end of the walk.
- There are large rockeries at the main entrance to the Park and a gravel garden opposite Reception with a bench and water feature.
- There are raised flower beds within the Park, with young and maturing trees.
Main Entrance and Reception/Shop
- Access to reception and shop, in the same building, is directly from the car park with one entrance before the barrier and one accessible at the rear; from the park. Both entrances comply with disabled regulations.
- There is ample room within for a large pushchair or wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
- Low level desk and counter are provided.
Public Areas – General
- The pitches for caravans, motorhomes, trailer-tents and tents are accessed from an oval track, which is made up of local stone, compacted to provide a solid slightly uneven surface.
- There is a 5 mile per hour speed limit.
- Vehicles are not permitted to drive across the park.
- The park is slightly slopping with no curb stones.
- There are benches provided throughout the park.
- Lighting is provided on the park and is suited to the rural nature of the park. They are light sensitive reaction. Torches advised.
Public Areas – WC
- The Park has two toilet blocks, one with shower facilities.
- The main shower block is situated centrally in the park and there is another toilet block at reception.
- The main shower block has a separate disabled room that is accessible via a key; this is issued when booking in. It has grab rails at the WC and shower and is large enough for a large wheelchair.
- Lights operated by low cord.
- Lights in main toilet block operate automatically with a light sensitive switch. Extra light for showers operated via a pull cord. Please turn off after use.
- Sloping access with 2 washing machines, 1 top loader and 1 front loader. Also 2 front loading tumble dryers.
- Iron and ironing board is accessible from seated or standing position.
- 1 washing-up sink and 1 hand washing sink is available.
- Fridge freezer also available free of charge.
- Rotary Line for campers use with pegs provided.
- DOGS are permitted at the discretion of the management:
- Pet dog breeds included in the dangerous animals list are not permitted.
- Two dogs (maximum) per pitch, well behaved.
- Owners must keep all pet noise and disturbance to a minimum.
- Dogs must be on lead or tethered at all times.
- Dog not to be left alone in unit. Please walk/exercise dog off site, not around the park. Ask at Reception for local footpath and woods.
- Owners must clear up any mess.
- We reserve the right to insist that the owner remove their pet from the park if it is a nuisance or danger to others.
- Noisy or aggressive dogs will not be tolerated.
- Public telephone is available on site
- Reasonable coverage of all mobile phone networks
- Wi-Fi available (for details, please contact Reception)
- Our Site Address: Gate House Wood Touring Park, Ford Lane, Wrotham Heath, Kent TN15 7SD
- Our Telephone Number: 01732 84 30 62
- Our Email Address: email@example.com
- Our Website URL: www.gatehousewoodtouringpark.com
- Local bus service run into neighbouring towns and villages (limited service)
- Taxi services are available but are advised to book in advance
- Local Taxis: Hurry Cabs: 01732 88 33 88
- Borough Green Taxis: 01732 88 20 20
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible and include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of the park.
If this statement does not answer your particular question please let us know and we will endeavour to answer your question and amend this statement for future use.
HomeHireFacilitiesShopDirectionsTariffT & CDDAFeedbackLinksContact Us
Gate House Wood Touring Park. All rights reserved